Sunday 24 February 2013

I made today's card from a kit from downloaded www.craftsuprint.com, it's by the very talented Sue Douglas. I love her stuff and this was very apt for today's tea party challenge over on Facebook.


This shows both the front of the card and the pop up teacup on the inside.


This is a better view of the card front, when printed it actually comes as a complete card....but my printer doesn't always print nicely on the borderless setting so I cut the card in half and mounted onto some silver mirror paper and then on to a white A5 card blank.



This shows a closer view of the pop up, at first I thought it looked very complicated, but in reality is was quite easy. I would say the hardest part was getting the inside of the cup lined up with the outside and although I printed on the recommended paper I still think that the next one I make I will cut the inside piece into sections to ensure a really good fit. Overall I'm very please with my first try and for a card that is a little different I think this fits the bill perfectly. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will visit again for more crafty makes.



5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card so unusual, it's very pretty and the pop-out cup and saucer is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely amazing! The pop up element is so spectacular and the front of the card is gorgeous. Who wouldn't want a card like this?

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card and looks like a lot of work. I just love the layering on the front of the card
    Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww wow this is fab, totally usual and looks like youve spent a lot of time on time
    Hugs
    Marie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in this card, what a great gift too, not just a card this one.xx

    ReplyDelete