Sunday 17 March 2013

Today is the start of the 9th challenge over at the Crafty-Emblies blog  which is anything goes and our task for this month was to make a hanging decoration. I struggled with what to do, but I decided I would do this.


Here is a closer view for you too.


I made the 3D stars using the Docrafts Digital Designer, and although I found them a little fiddly they aren't that hard to to make, as long as you ensure you have nice crisp ceases on you folds. I glittered the Emblies stars by covering with a glue pen all over the wood and adding the glitter to it. I then attached everthing to a piece of ribbon, alternating the 3D stars, Tatty Teddies and Emblies as I worked down. The glittered stars are lovely, and the photos really don't do them justice as they really sparkle in the light. I hope I've showed yet another way of using the beautiful Emblies and how they can be used in so many ways. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in the challenge over at Crafty-Emblies.

13 comments:

  1. this is wonderful hun i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DT make Karen .... love how you have used the gorgeous Crafty-Emblies star's ... they are great to work with and you can do so much to them : )

    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Karen, I too struggled with the "hanging" theme but got their in the end!

    I'm still experimenting with what to do with the emblies, not glittered any yet!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine, I have to say they take the glitter very well. I used a glue pen and loose glitter, but you could of course use the stickles which might be a little less messy. I never thought of that a the time...but I will give it a try now that I have lol xx

      Delete
  4. Karen, I am a huge fan of your work, its always so gorgeous!! hugs, Kim Crafty Emblies DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design Karen. It's really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous hun
    Hugz Elaine aka Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Karen I love how you've done this xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Karen and I love the stars and the little teddy.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hanging decoration - looks like you triumphed over the struggle! What could be better than to have those gorgeous patterned stars dangling above you?!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Karen love the stars great idea.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing Karen, love the stars xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous hun, love those beautiful stars
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete