Wednesday 27 March 2013

My card for today was for the challenge over at the Mad Crafter's Giggles group over on Facebook and the theme was in the kitchen. I did consider one of the lovely House Mouse decoupage sheets, but as I tend to use those a lot I fancied doing something different. While looking through the thousands of different sheets I have at my disposal I came across this decoupage sheet from craftsuprint and I was instantly drawn to the cute image, so this is what I made.





I just think the image is adorable and to be honest I really didn't notice the Christmas tree in the back ground until I was about to pop a Happy Birthday sentiment on it lol. I didn't want to detract from the main image, so I kept the background plain with just some white embossed card and silver mirror card matting and layering. The sentiment I printed and foiled myself and I added a few clear gems to the corners to finish off. I think it's lovely and I can now say I've made a start on my Christmas cards for this year, even though it was unintentional.

Another challenge I took part in was to make something with wheels on it, and I had been waiting for an excuse to use this sheet from craftsuprint for a little while. I think this would be great for anyone that is in to their Motorcross, but especially a youngster as I think it's quite a modern image.


I printed the sheet onto super smooth paper and cut it all out, matted the main image on to silver mirror paper and then layered the decoupage up using foam tape. I chose to add Happy Birthday as the sentiment, but it does come with a few options for you to choose from. I think it's a great card and I'm happy to say I won the challenge with my entry. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll visit again for more crafty makes.

3 comments:

  1. Both gorgeous cards with fantastic images hun, love the m both
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations. Love the vintage theme of the first and the second is a great masculine card.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I didnt see the challenge entries yesterday...I LOVE your card. What an amazing image and i love the embossing.
    I love the male card as well...I really do love your cards Karen.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete