Sunday 16 March 2014

Christmas Fun - Green Christmas Tree

Today it's the turn of team B to show off their creations for the challenge over at Christmas Fun. We had initially been given the theme of Green Christmas Tree and so I came up with this card, but you can also now do and "anything goes" too, so as long as it has a Christmas theme you can enter.






I used one of the bendy card designs (designed by Sam Walker) which is available from the Silhouette store and can be found here, in fact every cutting file I've used on this card is from the store. So I cut the card base, the little houses and all the trees in varying sizes using my Cameo machine and before assembling I embossed the back of the card with a snowflake embossing folder. The card itself consists of 3 parts and is very easy to assemble and for me it was self explanatory although full instructions can be found on Sam's blog.

So once I had assembled the card I popped a little strip of gold mirror card behind the cut out windows and mounted the row of houses to the back of the card. I embossed all the trees using the argyle embossing folder by Crafter's Companion and placed these along the first bendy section using glue gel. I slotted the fence section in before adding the front tree to ensure I hadn't obstructed the slot and the card was finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment