Monday 15 April 2013

My card for today comes from the new Krafty Hands CD Kew Floral Collection. I love floral themes and this CD is just so pretty. It's a quick simple card that I made for the challenge over at Mad Crafters Giggles and the theme was to use a doily on your project.


I started by printing my two topper sheets (main topper and outer topper) onto super smooth card, I also printed the two sheets of backing paper onto super smooth paper. I cut a piece of gold mirror card to fit a 6x6 card blank and then cut the gingham paper slightly smaller to mat onto this. I cut a one and a half inch strip of the contrasting floral paper, which I again matted onto gold mirror card and placed across the middle of the card. I edged the outer topper with a flexible gold border peel off and then mounted the main topper onto it using 2mm foam tape. I put this onto the middle of a small doily and mounted to the centre of the card. Some small gold corner peel off stickers and a sentiment were added to finish off what I think is a pretty card for any females Birthday. Thanks for looking and I hope you'll pop back for more crafty makes.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the really traditional look of the card with that gorgeous image and the lovely paper. Your cards are always beautiful.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, that's much appreciated. Love your cards too xx

      Delete