Thursday 8 May 2014

Monohromatic Monogram

Today I want to show you a card that I made for a couple of challenges over on Facebook. One theme was monochromatic, the other monogram and as I don't seem to have a lot of crafting time at the moment I thought why not combine both themes...and this is the result.


I printed the backing paper from Debbi Moore's Black & White Chic Boutique CD  and I trimmed this to 7.5" square and matted on to black card whick I cut at 7.75" square, then I popped this on to the white card blank. The monogram came from the square flourish frame monograms which I purchased from the Silhouette store and that can be found here. The design comes with two versions of the design, one has the letters welded to the frame (which is the one I chose to use) the other one has is a separate frame and letter. I wanted to have a mat for the design so I selected it and offset to .10 for the white and then decided I wanted the black mat to the the bottom layer so I offset my fist offset layer to .15 to get the black back ground, then I just layered them up using a glue pen because of the delicate swirls. The corners were cut from the ivy deco frame die set in the same black card and I mounted both the assembled topper and the corners using 1mm foam tape for a little dimension. A few black gems both above and below the monogram topper and the card was complete.

I would like to enter this in to the Cameo with Carley Challenge Blog for which the them this month is anything goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment